26 November, 2020
Homemade Chicken Soup
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves, diced
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium sized onion
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 cups kale, roughly chopped
10 grape tomatoes, halved
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 cups water
to taste sea salt
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high and cook chicken through about 4 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside for later.
- Add garlic, celery and onion to soup pot and cook until tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar and then add sweet potatoes, kale, tomatoes, chicken broth, and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Tear chicken with hands for pulled effect. Stir chicken into soup pot to heat for a few minutes.
- Serve into bowls and (optional: grate fresh ginger on top) then enjoy.